Friday, June 24, 2011

Anita Blake is Back (Kinda)

Hit List (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, Book 20)Ever since Anita Blake went from being a super awesome kick-ass heroine to a...how should I put this nicely...person rather dependent on certain types of male attention to function, I've seriously considered putting the books down and never picking one back up.  This book did a lot to renew my hope that maybe Anita can stop being the ultimate-anti-feminist (as I've started to see her, since she draws her powers from the arduer, which basically makes her a slave to sex and since she's completely hetero, that makes her dependent on men) and start kicking some monster butt again,.  She definitely did kick some monster butt in this book too!

The writing in Hit List wasn't as good as the early books, which kind of makes me think that maybe Hamilton has gotten so used to writing vampire smut that she struggles to remember how to write an actual story, but it is a step in the right direction as far as I'm concerned and I hope the future Anita Blake novels keep heading this way!

(If you leave a comment that has spoilers in it about this book, please start it off with a "spoiler alert")

No comments:

Post a Comment